Picked up the original Star Ocean for SFC today!





Picked this up today for ¥3,828, and it’s now the 19th Super Famicom RPG in my collection!

I’m really happy with the condition. The box, cartridge, manual, inserts, tray, and even the little plastic bag all look surprisingly well kept. This was one of those games I felt like I really needed to have in the collection eventually, so I’m glad to finally add it.

The funny thing is that I already beat the PS4 remaster in Japanese last summer, so I’m probably not going to jump into this version immediately. I’ve got a bunch of other SFC RPGs sitting here that I’ve never played before, and I want to get through some of those first.

Still, I assume the original SFC version is a little different from the remaster, so I’d definitely like to revisit it sometime in the future and see how it compares.

Either way, I’m really glad to finally have this classic on the shelf. For anyone who has played both versions, how different does the original SFC release feel?

Comments